07 April 2009

Getting Busy Pt 2

Not having much luck with the seeds this year; so far only Hollyhock 'Creme de Cassis' and Poppy 'Fruit Punch' have sprouted. But since gardeners are eternal optimists I'm going ahead with the next batch of seeds. Fingers crossed.  

April's Seeds 

All these have been started indoors. On peat pellets:  

Basil, Cinnamon 

Basil, Greek Bush 

Basil, Sweet 

Started indoors in peat pots with Miracle Gro potting soil:  

Lupine, pink (from seeds saved by my mom)  

Nicotiana, 'Only the Lonely'  

Nicotiana, 'Sensation'  

How are your seeds and seedlings doing so far?    

(Edited for clarity and to remove dead links. Follow me on my official site: AspasiaSBissas.com)

2 comments:

rebelhousewife said...

Too bad about the seeds, maybe they will come up. So far all my seeds except the bell peppers have come. I think they were old seeds. I have butternut squash, zucchini, curly lettuce, endive, cluster onions, yellow tear drop tomatoes and another type of heirloom tomatoes that I don't remember growing in peat pellets. When it gets warmer I am also planting my carrots, potatoes, beets, radishes and my herbs. Now I just need to find room for them all.

Aspasia B said...

Wow--you're growing a ton of stuff! Glad to hear they're all coming up (the bell peppers might just need more time).

Just so you know, you can plant carrots, beets, and radishes when it's cold out (they don't mind). Maybe not snowy cold, but you don't need to wait until the last frost date :)