30 March 2010

Seedy Business Pt 1

It's that time of the year again: when I have to scramble to find space in sunny spots--away from the cats--for my seed-starting trays! After a couple of years of poor results, I've moved the trays from the cool, east-facing basement window to the radiator in our south-facing living room. It's working well so far; I just have to remember to move the trays if we turn the heat up. 

Planted indoors 21 March: 

In peat pellets: 

--pink lupine from seeds saved by my mom (sprouting!) 

--mixed lupines 'Russell' 

--garlic chives 

--chives  

--Canterbury Bells 

--Datura 'Belle Blanche' 

 

In small plastic pots with Miracle Gro potting soil: 

--Armeria 'Joystick' 

--Tomatoes (med-lg): Coustralee, Brandywine, Patio (sprouting!) 

--Tomatoes (cherry): Snow White, Christmas Grapes (sprouting!) 

--Tomatillo (sprouting!) -

-Peppers: Cubanelle, Cayenne, Serrano, Anaheim, ornamental 'Holiday Cheer' 

 

To be started outside in the next few days: 

--Cilantro 

--Leeks 'Ramona' 

 

I don't have much hope for some of the seeds as they're fairly old, but I just can't throw them away without trying. That's okay, though. I'll use what I have and buy plants if I need them. It all works out in the end.  

Photos of Lupines and Leeks from Dominion Seed House. Photo of tomatillos from Wikimedia Commons. Click photos to enlarge.

[Edited to update title, and for formatting. Follow me on my official site: AspasiaSBissas.com]

No comments: