23 June 2013

Making a (Pillow) Case of It

My latest sewing project had me learning all kinds of new things: how to make a patchwork, how to change the presser foot on my sewing machine, and how to add a zipper. Nothing special to any seasoned seamstress but pretty exciting for a relative newbie like me :) The patchwork and zipper became part of a pillow for my office. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Can't wait for my next challenge!

The fabrics I used for the patchwork

Putting the pieces together to figure out placement

Each row of pieces is sewn together to make three strips

Then the strips are sewn together to make the patchwork.

The fabric on the left (a bonus fat quarter generously sent to me with my order by Jennifer at Dragonfly Fabric) is what I used for the back of the pillow.





Photos ©Whimsy Bower

[Edited title and removed a dead link. Follow me on my official site: AspasiaSBissas.com]

No comments: