![]() |
| Tip I wish I'd known years ago: to spot a rainbow, make sure the sun is behind you. |
I saw a raven this week! It was my first one in the wild. I recognized it by its size and deep croaky voice (nothing like a crow's caw). I love encountering new wildlife, even if they don't quote random adverbs at me. Here's some photos of other things my SO and I spotted on our walks recently...
This plant's striking form caught my eye. I haven't had any luck ID'ing it-- any ideas?
![]() |
![]() |
Rowan berries |
![]() |
| Burdock |
![]() |
| Spotted Joe-Pye Weed |
Evening Primrose |
My SO managed to snap this pic when he was out on his own. A jogger came by and scared the deer and they disappeared in an instant. He says he never would've known they were ever there if he hadn't seen them. Now I have to wonder how many animals that we never see watch us on our walks.
![]() |
Goldenrod framing a rough path into the greenery |
Most (if not all) of these plants have traditional and medicinal uses. I'm not sure what the foraging policy is in the area, but it's tempting to do a little gathering for teas and other uses (as long as plenty is left for the wildlife and the plant's survival).
Have you spotted any fun plants or animals lately? Share in the comments!
Cheers,
Aspasia
PS: Follow me on my official site: AspasiaSBissas.com.
All photos by Whimsy Bower/Aspasia S. Bissas.
My Books
(Links take you to all available stores. Love Lies Bleeding and Bleeding Heart are also available in paperback.)









No comments:
Post a Comment